Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Dimension from circle center/edge

J4NY4R

Hi!

Please let me know how to change dimension from circle center to edge or vice versa? I've read that it is possible by dragging the dimension manipulator but I'm not with luck.

Your asking about Extension Line Anchors. There are 2 ways to move extension lines after making a dimension to a circle:

1. right-click on the dimension, and choose Extension Line Anchor + First Extension Line (or Second), and then choose which Anchor to move the extension line to

- or -

2. hold down the CTRL key, and drag the yellow diamond to one of the numbered anchor points

Last edited:
After I created this topic, I realized my mistake about CTRL key and dragging, but Your first solution was new for me, thanks.

Is there any way to change the anchor after the dimension is created?

What am I doing wrong? On an existing dimension, double clicking is done, but it is not possible to right click to have Extension Line Anchor + First Extension Line (or Second) option and I can't have numbered anchor points to drag yellow diamond towards them.

Go to Tools + Options and look in Mechanical Design + Drafting for the Manipulators page. There are two columns, one for new dimensions and the second for editing existing dimensions. Make sure you have the second column set to match the first.

I believe the last option, Move Leader, is for the extension line manipulators (yellow diamond).

In my settings, I have all the options activated (orange) in both columns, except Move Value and Move Dimension Line

Not sure why you can't right-click on an existing dimension and get the Extension Line Anchor, unless the dimension is not to a circle or curve.

Last edited:
Strange! Although all the boxes in both columns are checked but I don't have that option in my context menu and there is no yellow diamond anymore (I'm able to change the anchor on creation but can't modify it after creation). Anyway thanks for your care!

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back