Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

error update: multi-sections solid

quanghai0986

I 'm building a propeller. But when i use "multi-sections solid", it have a problem. After i choose sketches and closing point, i click button "ok", it has announcement. :confused:. error update: Multi-sections solid 1: Sweep operater: the extrusion of a vertex of the profile leads to a cusp. Use a guide with a smaller curvature.
How can i fix this problem.
i don't know how to add the picture, so i use "attachments" to add the picture about problem.
Please help me, thanks.

Attachments

• error.bmp
    128.5 KB · Views: 27
Quang, that message could be the result of many situations. Could be the closing points. Might be the guide curve (but I'm not sure if you need one). Are you using a "spine"? Are all the sections going in the same direction?

If you could attach a picture of your CATIA screen (showing the sketches and tree) when you get the message, maybe we can figure out exactly what the problem is.

i fixed it

i fixed it yesterday. the problem is closing point. first i choose the closing point is at the trailing edge of airfoil, it did not work. So i tried change the closing point to the leading edge of airfoil. And it worked.
thanks mrcatia. i have begun studying Catia. i hope that i would have more experience about it.

Attachments

• gui.bmp
    335.8 KB · Views: 25

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back