Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Export 3D part with color from AutoCAD to CATIA

nurwani

Hi everyone..

Can I know how to export the 3D part with color from AutoCAD to Catia? I don't want to color the whole part, just some surfaces such as the holes. Is there any way to export them? Exported to any file that can be opened with Mastercam also can.

I have tried to save as .igs and then open it in Catia, but the color at the holes is not there. I've attached pictures for reference.

forum1.PNGforum2.PNG

Save it as STEP the same way you saved it as IGES. The STEP format is a .stp file. You will need the STEP license in CATIA in order to open and convert the .stp file.

I'm surprised you can't open the AutoCAD file directly into MasterCAM? Converting it to CATIA seems like overkill to me. Does MasterCAM import .dxf or .igs or .stp files?

Save it as STEP the same way you saved it as IGES. The STEP format is a .stp file. You will need the STEP license in CATIA in order to open and convert the .stp file.

I'm surprised you can't open the AutoCAD file directly into MasterCAM? Converting it to CATIA seems like overkill to me. Does MasterCAM import .dxf or .igs or .stp files?
Well, i got a problem.I double click a sub assy under the catproduct,then save the sub assy as STEP file.After loading the stp , it contains the parts from the sub assy i hide at background,do you know why and how to do with that?

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back