Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Extracting multiple edges without selecting all of them

Hello,

I,m working in gsd and i have a big complex surface. Everytime I wanna make a multisection surface i need to extract edges from surface edges. I ca do this by using join and selecting edges. However, the amount of edges I need to pick are many. In Solidworks I can choose "select chain" and I do not need to select every edge manually. Is there a function in Catia for this?

Best regards

In many CATIA commands you have the option to select curves by "propagation"

No Propagation will only choose the edge selected

Tangent Propagation will select all sequential edges that the tangent to each other

Point Propagation will select all sequential edges until more than 2 edges share a common end point

Here's a tip: When using JOIN to combine several curves, use the FEDERATE ALL option. The resulting Join curve will behave as a single curve.

Last edited:

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back