Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Failed Shell Operation

MotoEng

Hi all!
I have a project I'm working on for a customer that involves some compound curves that are a little outside my comfort zone. The part has to be shelled as pretty much the last operation, but it fails to shell, giving me the following error:
____________________________________________________________________________________
Error Shell1 The shell operation failed to complete. One of the faces may offset into an adjacent face, a small face may need to be eliminated, or one of the faces may have a radius of curvature which is smaller than the shell thickness. Please use Tools Check to find the minimum radius of curvature on appropriate faces. If possible, eliminate any unintended small faces or edges.
____________________________________________________________________________________

I've been beating my head over this one for two days, so it must be something obvious that I'm just missing.

Can someone take a look at this model and suggest what the problem is?

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtfE2uFNgBOWhxbdFpS ... u?e=88zJhe

THANKS!!!

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back