Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

FEA Study Support - Structural Member and Solid Bodies

dmaves

I have been trying to run a simulation study on a structure for a project; the structure will be used to support a pan mold from a center pivot column but need to have very minimal deflection or sag. I need to verify material sizes to ensure my design meets our criteria; however I am having issues when trying to run the study for this structure. It is a combination of structural members (i-beams and tubing) as well as standard extrusions (mounting plate). The structure is to be bolted to a bearing that will be attached to the center pivot column and I have been trying to apply a load of 700lbs to the flat portion of the model but am having issues with it not terminating or blowing up? Any help?

Attachments

• 02-001_TIER.PDF
    30.8 KB · Views: 0

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back