Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Fillet command - Catia V5

jamcad

Hi,
Having a problem creating a fillet on joined surface geometry. The function doesn't create a full fillet (see attached view).
Would be great if someone could show me how to ensure this fillet could be extended to create a full fillet.
Many thanks
James

Attachments

• fillet.jpg
    fillet.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 5
Not much to go on based on your picture and question. Which fillet are you trying to extend? Which fillet command are you using, and which options did you choose?

Any reason for doing this with surfaces instead of solids? (solids are much easier!)

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. I'm trying to extend the vertical fillet to meet the splined surface beneath it (running from very bottom of the picture). The current result falls short and leaves an offset (see previous picture).
I'm attempting to use the edge fillet command. All surfaces are joined and therefore not independent from each other.
I've been told by previous designers to create fillets and main geometry in 'generative shape design' environment instead of 'part design' environment as it gives more options to create fillets compared to options in the 'part design' environment.
All the best
James

Attachments

• fillet b.jpg
    fillet b.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 4
I see you have the Propagation mode set to TANGENCY. But the bottom end of that edge isn't tangent to anything, so the fillet stopped - just like it was supposed to.

You can try to extend the fillet, by choosing both the vertical edge and also the horizontal edge (it's highlighted in orange in your second picture).

Or you can add the horizontal fillet first, and then add the vertical one as a second fillet.

Let me know how this works for you. (I think fillets are the hardest thing to model in CATIA!)

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back