Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

G3 surface condition for a nose cone - help

78finn

Hi there,

I am trying to model a nose cone/end surface with G3 surface conditions (as shown in the image below/ZIP file of model attached). I am using PTC Creo 7.0.

Nose Cone 2.png

I have sketched a number of reference lines to control the length/width/depth of my surfaces, as well as adding ribbon surfaces. All of the spines in style have G3 end conditions (including the internal influencing spline). I am seeing the error reference a lot:

"The cross curves are not connected with the same continuity as the connection"

I am not sure what this error message is referring to or how I should be modelling this feature to achieve a G3 surface? If you can help me out, I would really appreciate it!

Attachments

• creo_7_nose_cone_g3_connection.prt.zip
    176 KB · Views: 0
Attached is the equivalent G2 nose cone. So simple...I'm not sure why the G3 version is so much more difficult to achieve?

Attachments

• creo_7_nose_cone_g2_connection.prt.zip
    164.4 KB · Views: 0

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back