Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Guitar neck

Docskyhawk

I am having trouble getting the radius on the back of a guitar neck done. I have tried creating the 2d shape and extruding it but then I have to cut down the different widths at each end but then the radius isn't correct. I have tried fillet but this is the best I have gotten from it:

Neck1.jpgNeck2.jpg

How can I get a smooth radius on a piece that is 2" wide on one end and 1.5" on the other as an example?

I am having trouble getting the radius on the back of a guitar neck done. I have tried creating the 2d shape and extruding it but then I have to cut down the different widths at each end but then the radius isn't correct. I have tried fillet but this is the best I have gotten from it:

View attachment 957View attachment 958

How can I get a smooth radius on a piece that is 2" wide on one end and 1.5" on the other as an example?

Quick followup: I was able to get very close with a variable fillet but it is taking material off of the flat side's width. Is there anyway to keep that fixed so that the fillet does not cut it?

Is this what you are looking for? Try drawing a sketch at each end and lofting between them. Note the small end is a radius and large end is half of an ellipse.

Part1.JPGPart2.JPG

Yes! I have not really dug into this yet but how do you get the smoother curves instead of the multiple straight lines?

Capture.JPG
Just lofted between two sketches.
I can email you the file and let you change the dimensions to what you need.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back