Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

[Help] A small macro for arrow directions on dimensions in drawings v5r18

NinjaZec

I would like to have a macro that will automatically but the arrows in the correct orientation, like in example on the picture.

The problem is i don't know where to start looking for a solution.

And since this is my first post i hope i didn't break any rules and that this topic is in valid subforum, and a hello to everyone.

Check the properties of the dimensions. The Dimension Line Symbols should to set to AUTO for the arrowheads placed inside or outside automatically. If this is not set to AUTO, you'll have to modify the drafting Standard file.

If you meant the reversal option it is on auto, and it works sometimes, but most of the time i have to manually adjust the arrows direction.
Since i do this quite often i would like a "automate" this action.

Before you write a macro, I suggest checking the standard options to see you can set how the arrows are automatically placed.

I remember there being a formula to determine the position of the arrows, based on the length of the arrow symbols. It was something like "symbols are placed inside if the distance between the extension lines is greater than 5 times the length of the arrowhead" and the multiplier could be changed in the drafting standard. (But I'm not sure if this was in V4 or V5)

But, this wouldn't help you with how you want the arrows positioned based on the figure in your first post.

Last edited:
jckeryd LOGICAL

i couldn't find it, but environment is locked , so i didn't tried that hard plus as you said it wont do what i would like it to do.
Maybe this is not a really simple example, but this would be very useful for me.
I will try to do this somehow and if i manage i will post how it can be done here.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back