Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Help Please! Much appreciated

M

memmerr

Hi

Ive got to draw a piston head in solidworks, and I really dont know where to begin as my knowledge is very rudimentary.

It pretty much should look like this http://www.autofieldguide.com/images/090505a.jpg

What sort of tools in the program can be used to cut out the section from the bottom and the gudgeon pin hole??? I will happily put the time in through the tutorials to work out how to do it, but I have no clue what process I need to learn to use.

Also, the top of it needs to have a domed affect and again, I dont know what sort of process would be best suited to it.

Many thanks guys/gals

Attached you will find my version of your piston. By rolling back the "Design Tree" you should be able to figure out the steps involved.

Good Luck :cool:

Attachments

• Piston.zip
    208.3 KB · Views: 23

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back