Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Help with CAD Model

Hello All! I am currently studying for the CSWA and I am working on several practice questions. I am stuck on this question (I have attached a drawing). So far I have extruded the two circular pieces but when I tried to create a separate plane to sketch the middle piece that joins it, I am having trouble creating the proper geometry. I have considered sweeping the part by creating the outline and guide curves but have struggled with that as well. Maybe my approach isn't the best as I am still learning but all advice and tips is appreciated!!!

Attachments

• Drawing.png
    Drawing.png
    271.8 KB · Views: 1
Since its uniform profile/thickness I don't think a loft is needed. What profile have you tried to create? My initial thought would be to do the profile in the top left corner eg...

1612796668562.png

I would draw the profile to the centre of each boss to ensure it merges nicely, extrude it, then put the holes in bosses afterwards

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back