Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Holes are not shown in the part, even though they are in the tree

Cadtu

Hi folks,

i m badly stuch at this stage. As the title depcits, i have done several holes in my part and the steps are in the tree. But nothing to be seen in the part itself?

i have checked, hide/show option, links are fine..

what can i do now??holes.PNG

And the second questions is, how to create relations for parameters which are integers? In my Number of pair of holes is 2.
Querträger, Integers.PNG

would be really grateful for any help.

P.S. I m a student and i m using CATIA for the very first time this semester. So, plese bear with me

i m badly stuch at this stage. As the title depcits, i have done several holes in my part and the steps are in the tree. But nothing to be seen in the part itself?

i have checked, hide/show option, links are fine..

what can i do now??

Looking at the first picture, I see that the highlighted sketch is underlined, which means that's the current In Work Object. Anything you add will be added right below the underlined feature. And anything below the underlined feature is temporarily ignored.

What can you do now? Just right-click on the feature at the bottom of the tree (Mirror) and choose Define In Work Object so you can see and work with the entire part.

(I'll answer the second question a little later)

PS: Best wishes to taking your first CATIA class. It can be a bit quirky, but it is a great system overall. What's your major?

Last edited:
And the second questions is, how to create relations for parameters which are integers? In my Number of pair of holes is 2.

To make an Integer Parameter:
1. click the f(x) icon
2. use the pull-down menu to see a list of parameter types. Scroll up all the way to the top, and choose the Integer type (it's the second type on the list)
3. give the parameter a new name, and give it a value
4. click the New Parameter button to create the parameter

I see you have some extra "things" on the left and right sides of the CATIA window. If you're not using them and would like to turn those off; use Tools + Options to turn off the Transformation Pad and Gestures Pad
tablet support.JPG

Looking at the first picture, I see that the highlighted sketch is underlined, which means that's the current In Work Object. Anything you add will be added right below the underlined feature. And anything below the underlined feature is temporarily ignored.

What can you do now? Just right-click on the feature at the bottom of the tree (Mirror) and choose Define In Work Object so you can see and work with the entire part.

(I'll answer the second question a little later)

PS: Best wishes to taking your first CATIA class. It can be a bit quirky, but it is a great system overall. What's your major?
Thanks alot it did work.
I m doing my majors in aeronautical engineering. I like CATIA but when problems pop up, its hard to find the root cause, especially for a new bee.

To make an Integer Parameter:
1. click the f(x) icon
2. use the pull-down menu to see a list of parameter types. Scroll up all the way to the top, and choose the Integer type (it's the second type on the list)
3. give the parameter a new name, and give it a value
4. click the New Parameter button to create the parameter
thnakuuu, but i actually wanted to know how to linkd the parameter to the object.

.... i actually wanted to know how to link the parameter to the object.

There are several ways you could link the parameter to an object in CATIA.

1. First, add the Parameter, and make sure you can see it in the tree.
2. when adding or editing a feature; right-click where you normally type a value and choose the Edit Formula option.
3. click on the Parameter in the tree. This will place the parameter's name in the second line and the parameter's value at the bottom
4. click OK to verify the parametric value
5. continue adding or editing the feature and OK when done

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back