Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

How can I make my part design only one solid ?

wowpilot

I desinged a part, but I did it adding pads and other different shapes. I am not sure that whether my whole body is only one solid body or not ?
For example NX has unite command , I wonder what CATIA has instead of this ?

Last edited by a moderator:
How to make Part as only one solid?

How can I make part only one solid. Because I drew it adding sketches on surfaces and I extruded with pad command. I dont think there is whole only one body.

With CATIA V5, the "unites" are automatic. Features like Pads, Shafts, Ribs are automatically added. Features like Pockets, Grooves, Slots, Holes are automatically subtracted.

Look in the tree to verify if you have more than one solids:

Solids are found in the Body branches of the tree, and most of the time there is only one body - the Part Body. If you expand the Part Body (select the gray sphere with the + sign), you will see a list of all the features like Pads and Pockets.

If you have two or more solids in the CATPart file, you will see some extra Bodies in your tree. But make sure you expand these bodies, because they might be empty. If you do have extra Bodies containing solid features, then you do have more than one solid.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back