Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

How much accurate catia can give center of gravity in an assembly?

Hasti

Hello. I'm working on a project that i need the center of gravity of an assembly so i can put C.G. in line with axis of rotation.I gave material to each component and used measure inertia in catia assembly to find it.I want to know how much accurate this is for a system with lots of parts? How much i can rely on the answer in catia? I tried finding C.G. for a simple assembly which i knew the answer and it was correct.I want to know if the answer is reliable for big assemblies also?

CATIA Inertia calculations, including the CG, are extremely accurate. The Inertia values are dependent on 1. the accuracy of the shape of each part model, and 2. the accuracy of the material properties (density) of each part.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back