Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

How to copy a feature along a 3d spiral in solid works ?

M

moshechi

I have a tube in which I had prepared a shaped hole and copied it all around the tube with circular pattern. I want to copy this level (circle) of holes to a parrallel circle and revolve it at the same time around the center line of the tube by let say 10 degrees.
It is a problem of copying features in the Z direction and revolving around that Z axis at the same command.

Im not too sure but you will probably have to do it in several steps. Although i cant actually see what you are doing it seems as if you are only doing a simple cut. In which case you should be able to do it in three steps instead of one:

1) New plane at desired new angle. 10 deg.
2) New cut from new plane.
3) Circular pattern.

You can even copy and pase your sketch and then redefine. ???

Last edited:
lcnicola said:
Dear friend,

It tries to use the tool Curve Drive Pattern

[email protected]

To use this tool I have to make a group of points spread equally along a curve, which is , in thise case a spiral placed on the out face of a tube. So, how to do it.

moshechi said:
To use this tool I have to make a group of points spread equally along a curve, which is , in thise case a spiral placed on the out face of a tube. So, how to do it.

On the bottom of the tube make a sketch and copy the outside diamter of the tube and close the sketch

Next click insert-curve-helix spiral select the circle put in the data for the curve and voila a spiral that you can use for the pattern Also you can have a variable pitch curve with this as well

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back