Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

How to Draw Something in Catia V6?

qfunk

Hi!

I have a drawing from Autocad, with dimensions for the component we make.

I got Catia V6 2009, today, and have NEVER used it before...

I'm trying to learn it from basic drawings and then when I've learnt it, I need to create 3D drawings from the dimensions I've been given...

Is it possible in Catia? Or should I use some other software for this? I've not been able to find ANY tool to draw anything in Catia. It's nothing like Autocad, but I think that's because it makes it in 3D... so can anyone guide me to how to learn and use Catia for this purpose??

Thanks.

-

Last edited by a moderator:
CATIA V6 - Congratulations! You definitely have a system that is quite different from AutoCAD!

If you or your company paid for it, it is well worth the time and extra expense for some training and some help with setting up the database. The reseller should be able to provide both. CATIA V6 is based on 3D. Learn how to make 3D models first, and then learn how to quickly generate drawings from the 3D.

If you got a free copy of the software; congratulations and good luck!

CATIA V6 - Congratulations! You definitely have a system that is quite different from AutoCAD!

If you or your company paid for it, it is well worth the time and extra expense for some training and some help with setting up the database. The reseller should be able to provide both. CATIA V6 is based on 3D. Learn how to make 3D models first, and then learn how to quickly generate drawings from the 3D.

If you got a free copy of the software; congratulations and good luck!

Catia V6 was not suit install in private PC, only you have enough money for it.
but you can do in it.but no file , from now on,no one can find any catia v6 file.

images_20.gif
images_20.gif
images_20.gif

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back