Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

How to gain permissions to modify template files?

Hi all,

I'm trying to make my life a touch easier by creating template drawing files with company logos and basic info already filled in. There are a bunch of great tutorials online and it's all gravy until I try to save the file.

My first issue is that there is no existing drawing template file in the folder (C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 12.0\UGII\templates) - surely there should be something there?

Secondly, if I either copy the sample from the sample folder, or create my own, I get a message saying that "You don't have permission to create this file". I've been into the directory properties (using Windows File Explorer) and removed the "Read only" attribute, however, if I close and reopen the properties window, the attribute has returned.

Am I missing something obvious here? Are permissions controlled within NX and not Windows?

Thanks - any help would be greatly appreciated!

JP

NX12.0.1.7 on Win11

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back