Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

how to get points from a curve

michael2018

Dear friends,

I have a Rhino model. In this model, there are severakl curves. I want to get some points's cooridinate exactly in this curve. How can I the cooridinate value of points? How can I create points located in the curves?

Thank you very much!!

Michael

Finding points on a line

If the line is a curve then there are no "points" on the line. The points lie off the line and control the mathematical function that creates the curve. You can snap new points to the line using "near" snapping. I believe that "near" is as near as the tolerance you are using i.e. .001"

Hope that helps.

Prem

PremCAD, New York - CAD CAM, 3D CAD, CNC, Rapid Prototypes

Near Snapping

If the line is a curve then there are no points on the curve. The points lie off the curve and control that mathematical function that creates the curve. If you want to snap new points to the curve then you can simply use "near" snapping. The near command I assume uses the document tolerance i.e. .001" for Small Objets Inches preset.

Hope that helps.

Prem

PremCAD, New York - CAD CAM, 3D CAD, CNC, Rapid Prototypes

Hello Michael,

did you try the _Divide command? Or is the division you intend to do, more complex than a uniform division?

Cheers, Stefan

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back