Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

How to get rid of a ghost link

ntweisen

Hello! I am having a program locating and deleting a catpart that is not showing up and does not belong in my catprocess file. When I open my CATPROCESS I get this message:

"The files in the following list could not be found or contain wrong information for the active document." Then it list the files and says "Use the Desk command to relocate the correct files. I go into desk and I cannot locate the file. I looked in the folder where the files are saved and it is not there.

I tried running a Send To > Directory. When I sort the list the file is listed as NOT FOUND. However, even after sending the process to a new document without the not found file I still get this message when I open the cat process.

How do I get rid of this ghost link? Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks

I know that running the CATDUAV5 utility program will cleanup ghost links from CATProducts and CATParts. But I'm not sure about CATProcess files. I would suggest trying that, and let us know if that works.

Your comment just lead me to an interesting observation. When I open the product file (the one used in the .catprocess), the message doesn't pop up, but when I opened the .catprocess file it does.

I tried CATUA and doesn't appear to help at all. Hmmm.

Did you also try running the CATDUA on the CATProduct? Maybe the ghost link is there?

I'm not familiar with CATProcess files, so I'm just guessing at answers. Are you able to use EDIT + LINKS with them? Maybe the ghost link can be deleted there?

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back