Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

How to Make Part from Block

zidanelam

Hi

Can I know how to generate part/assembly from the block sketch? I have already did the 2D simulation and would like to make it to 3D. There is a button called "Make Part from Block" in the Layout Tools toolbar, but it is muted, I can't figure out the way to press it. Can someone explain to me steps to create part/assembly from block

Just like this video : YouTube - Sketch Blocks in SolidWorks 3D CAD Software

Thanks

To create a part from a block:

1 Click Make Part from Block (Layout Tools toolbar).

2 Select one or more blocks from a layout sketch.

3 Make selections in the PropertyManager as described below.

4 Click OK.

For each block, a part containing the selected block appears in the FeatureManager design tree. The part name is the same as the block name. Square brackets around the part name indicate that it is a virtual component. That is, it is saved within the assembly file, not in external files.

You can open the part to add features such as extrudes, fillets, etc., by right-clicking it and selecting Open Part (context toolbar).

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back