Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

How to merge a radius to two circles tangently?

I am working on modeling this simple image below just as practice. I'm using SW 2013. The problem I am having is I cannot get the two radius' (the 42mm and 96mm) to terminate tangently(sp?) into the two circles (52mm and 36mm) as pictured.

I originally made two circles with a radius of 42mm and 96mm. I then selected the one of existing circles (52mm and 36mm) and the new circles, then added a tangent relation. The circles snapped into place. I then used power trim to get rid of the parts of the circles I no longer needed. Now I get an error message because even though the circles are tangent, when I zoom in tight, there is a very small gap.

When I merge the two circles without trimming, I can zoom all the way in and see that the circles overlap a small amount, causing its own error.

dqZog4d.png

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back