Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

How to prevent dimensions/sketch geometry from flipping

base1379

Hello,

This happens to me in multiple CAD softwares...
The problem I often run into is: I have a sketch with reference curves, and I create new relative curves, dimension them, and I have a fully constrained sketch.
I then modify a parameter (expression in NX), which sometimes causes curves to flip sides.

For example I create a sketch on a face of a 3D box. I offset the projected/intersected face of the box to the outside - which results in a rectangle larger than the box face. Later, I modify a dimension of the box, and the offset flips and is now on the inside of the referenced box face.
flip_dimensions.png
How do I prevent this?

The only solution I know of is to delete the dimensions, manually move the curves to the approximate correct location, and redimension. A tedious process.

Thanks!
Jack

Last edited:

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back