Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

How to project edges from removed feature to sketch

Skoda23

Hy to everyone,

I'm new in catia so I have question: How can I project edges inside the part to the sketch. Picture 1 show part, and picture 2 shows edges I want to project to the sketch. I did this cut by using remove- bolean operator. Now I have to somehow project edges at picture 2 to one side of the part, beacouse I want to extrude this part of the area.

1.jpg2.jpg

Tnx everyone for help!

Last edited:
While you are editing the sketch, use the PROJECT 3D ELEMENTS to project lines, curves, points, etc onto the sketch plane.

To avoid errors when modifying the solid, it is better to project explicit geometry (lines, curves, etc), rather than implicit edges from solids.

If you can't see the internal edges, try changing the Render Style to WIREFRAME mode to turn off hidden line removal.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back