Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Import ACAD Drawings

kenjg

Hello All,

Well I'm back with more "Q",s. My question is: What is the fastest, simplest, easiest way to import an ACAD drawing into SW keeping the DIMS & Tolerances intact? I also have the drawing with a Template showing basic items, such as P/N, tolerances, drawing size, etc. Can I also import those in intact? Then I want to save it as an SW file.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

KenJG

Try exporting the acad drawing as DXF. Then simply drag and drop the dxf file in a drawing. You can also drag and drop a dxf onto a part and it will create a new sketch. Im not sure if this method will keep the text entities intact, but it is worth a shot.

Importing ACAD Files

Hello Carson,

Sorry for the late response. I have found the solution. Thanks for your help and I'm sure I'll be back again for more help.

Best Regards
KenJG

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back