Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Importing points (.pts) to pro e and revolve?

apekzhrk

Hey I am fairly new to Pro E and I was wondering if you could help me.

I have a matlab code that generates a few thousands points for me that makes a curve line. I want to import these points to pro e and then revolve it to make a shape.

What I first did was
Insert>Model Datum>Points>Offset Coordinate System

and then I imported the .pts file.

After than, I did
Insert>Model Datum>Points>Curve>Thru Points

And it made the curve for me on the Pro E.

What I do not understand is why can't I just revolve this curve? When I try it, it gives me an error like "Geometric entities cannot be revolved" or something like that

Is the curve I got from making a curve thru points not an actual line? If so, how can I do this so that I can make an actual line and revolve it?

Thank you

Hi

Use these points to create a set of datum points. and create a datum curve using these datum points.

In the regular way to create a revolve feature, go to sketch and use edge tool for this datum curve (provided this datum curve is of 2D). This is how datum points can be used to make a revolve feature.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back