Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Issue when forming a skin over the ribs for a fixed wing drone

eddieJ

So i have two issues with this model and wondering if anyone can advise on the best solution.

So i am working on wing from a drone that is both tapered and swept back. Issue 1) forms when first creating a boundary surface to connect the ribs up as the ribs are penetrating through the wing skin. issues2) when creating spars to connect the ribs, i can't figure out how i would draw a spar diagonally through planes.

Any help will be appreciated

Attachments

• CAD model wing.zip
    99.4 KB · Views: 1
I've taken a quick look at your model...For issue 1 I'm not sure there's enough in there for me to go at and assist properly. For issue 2 - you could do the rib as a separate part file and assemble it later. If you are preferring to do it multibody then you need to create a plane at the desired angle to extrude - e.g. create a plane so you can draw the cross section of a spar correctly. Alternatively, you may get away with drawing the profile and extruding along a direction (e.g.a sketch line) but I doubt it.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back