Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Layers

Pounce

Hey guys,
I've been searching for a few hours and can't find an answer so I thought I'ld join up here to see if anyone can help.
After creating the 3D model then creating a drawing from it, I need to be able to set layers for every aspect of the drawing.
ie. Part on one layer, dimensions on another, centre/construction lines on another etc.
I can set every thing except the part onto a specific layer, so my question, is it possible and how do you do it.
Thanks in advance

layers

simular to acad, create a drawing w/format. Using options, activate the layer toolbar. Select layer to make active, select geometry, dimensions etc.

good luck... :)

Hey guys,
I've been searching for a few hours and can't find an answer so I thought I'ld join up here to see if anyone can help.
After creating the 3D model then creating a drawing from it, I need to be able to set layers for every aspect of the drawing.
ie. Part on one layer, dimensions on another, centre/construction lines on another etc.
I can set every thing except the part onto a specific layer, so my question, is it possible and how do you do it.
Thanks in advance

As noted previous, layers work similar to ACAD. You assign a layer to an object in its propertiesmanager window. That said, why do you "need" to do this? S/W allows you to control things like color, line type, etc within the object itself, and normally the default settings are already in line with common practice. Are you trying to plot to an old pen plotter?

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back