Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

loft tool in rhino

pureshore

I'm making a terrain-shaped thing with loft tool in rhino but I have a problem. Since the contour curves are different shapes and complicated, i realized that it is hard to loft. (please see my attached file) . Is there any easy way to make this curves into 3d object? I tried to use rhino terrain tool, but I'm afraid it might fill the hole of the highest contour; but the final object should be like volanos with crators ( I mean, the highest contour curve is a hole thru the object to the bottom).

The other way that I tried is, I splitted the single circular curve into many separated arcs, to make it easier to use loft tool. but in this case there is a problem the edges of lofted surfaces look discontinuous one another. So the total final object looks so weird.

Please let me know! I would appreciate that.
Thanks.

Attachments

• nurbs3.zip
    74.7 KB · Views: 4

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back