Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

LOG10 Function not working in Solidworks

Jolyon

Hi, first time poster here - please let me know if I posted in the wrong place!
ponder

I have an issue with Solidworks that I cannot find the answer to anywhere.. I am trying to set a dimension using a Logarithmic formula with Base 10. In Microsoft Excel if I use the formula LOG(2) I get 0.30103 but in Solidworks, the Base seems to be 16 and gives me 0.6931. I looked it up and it seems that Solidworks has a LOG10 function for exactly this use (http://help.solidworks.com/2021/english/SolidWorks...). The problem is, when I enter LOG10(2) into the dimension box, it doesn't recognise it as a formula.
3eyes

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong, or if there is a fix for this?

Thank you in advance!

looks like log10 is only available for simulation/motion studies, I get the same as you, a standard dimension only recognizes Log as a function

Hello @Jolyon,
Hope you are doing good.

I can help you with the issue you are facing.
kindly reach me over my email or S K (Y) P E to discuss further.
looking forward to hear from you.

BR,
Vanessa
Email : [email protected]

So I actually have the answer now.. as Cadasio pointed out, Log10 is only for motion. As a dimension function in Solidworks, you must enter log(2)/log(10) and it will give you 0.30103 (y)

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back