Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Memory Error from Cosmos FloWorks

JasonBoyer

Hey folks,

I'm doing some CFD work with Cosmos FloWorks. I can run simple problems without any issues, but when trying larger, computationally intensive operations, FloWorks generates a memory allocation error after about an hour's worth of calculations.

The actual error:

"Not enough memory to continue the calculation. Failed to allocate requested continuous memory block of 1048576 (1.00MB)"

I've gotten this error on two separate occasions, each time about 1.25GB of memory were in use (total). This is on a quad-core intel system with 4GB of memory, so I'm guessing the issue is a software configuration problem..

Any and all thoughts are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

memory

Hey folks,

I'm doing some CFD work with Cosmos FloWorks. I can run simple problems without any issues, but when trying larger, computationally intensive operations, FloWorks generates a memory allocation error after about an hour's worth of calculations.

The actual error:

"Not enough memory to continue the calculation. Failed to allocate requested continuous memory block of 1048576 (1.00MB)"

I've gotten this error on two separate occasions, each time about 1.25GB of memory were in use (total). This is on a quad-core intel system with 4GB of memory, so I'm guessing the issue is a software configuration problem..

Any and all thoughts are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

If you are using Windows xp you may be limited to 3 gig of available memory even though you have 4 gigs installed.

Floworks require a contiguous block of memory. If you have breaks you are further limited in the size of problem that can be solved.

You may try exiting solid works, then restart and begin the calculation. It works sometimes.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back