Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Merging/Combining two separate views in Drawing view?

tectactoe

To make a long story short, I have a section view of a car's caliper assembly created from the CAD model of the caliper. Similarly, I have a rotor section view from the rotor CAD model. These two section views are on the same drawing sheet.

However, I would like to combine these views... is that possible? I want to do this to show the rotor as if it were inside of the caliper. And I also want to be able to call out dimensions that will extend from parts on the caliper to parts on the rotor. Can this be done??

Thanks!

If the views are based on the same Axis System, you can superimpose one view on another by using the View Positioning and Superpose in the contextual menu of the view.

Dimensions cannot exist between two different views. A workaround is to Copy & Paste the geometry from one view into another and then add the dimension.

Last edited:

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back