Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Merging surfaces issue

Torsion

Hi all,

I have a problem merging surfaces using Catia V5. I'm working on a race car prototype and I'm preparing surfaces to make a CFD analysis. The problem is that I cannot merge the diffuser with the rest of the bottom. I use the HEALING tool but then if I check the result with the BOUNDARY command, seems to not be joined:

1619438359775.png

Not sure what's going on, I tried to extrude the pannels to the upper face and then to heal... no success. I tried to heal before every part was created... no success.

Best Regards

The Healing (and Join) tools in CATIA V5 are used to join adjacent surfaces that share a common edge. The two diffuser surfaces cannot be joined with the other surfaces to form a single surface.

The Healing (and Join) tools in CATIA V5 are used to join adjacent surfaces that share a common edge. The two diffuser surfaces cannot be joined with the other surfaces to form a single surface.
Oh they must share an edge? Didn't know it! Thanks!

Is there any tool to do what I pretend? I guess another option is to cut the bottom surface with the diffuser edge in order to create the intersection and then execute the healing/join command. I will try later.

Thanks again for your reply.

BR

You could make solids from your surfaces, which would merge everything into a single 3D shape.

(I don't know anything about CFD analysis - does it work with solids?)

You could make solids from your surfaces, which would merge everything into a single 3D shape.

(I don't know anything about CFD analysis - does it work with solids?)
Maybe, I'll try it (I also tried intersecting difusser and the bottom surface to create an edge and doesn't work).

Do you mean making solids by "sew surface"?

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back