Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Mirror part

gallioncd

Ok, I have a CUSTOM structural member, that I have added holes and cut extrusions to. I need to make a left side version of the same part. However when I start a new part and I go to INSERT the mirror part option is grayed out. Did I do something wrong or is there another way to do this without having to redo all the work for the left side?

Thanks.

select plan to mirror part

Ok, I have a CUSTOM structural member, that I have added holes and cut extrusions to. I need to make a left side version of the same part. However when I start a new part and I go to INSERT the mirror part option is grayed out. Did I do something wrong or is there another way to do this without having to redo all the work for the left side?

Thanks.

If you are in a part file try to "select a plane" and then insert "mirror part".

If you are in an assembly file, try with "mirror component" (under linear component).

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back