Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Modeling: Loft Problem

bilalbajwa

Guys i am so frustrated :( trying to figure out how to model this part. As you can see in the attachments i have a lower 2d triangular part. And above it in 3d space the middle edge is drawn. I want to loft it but its not allowing mixed sketched i.e. open loop and closed loop. The picture i posted, you can see the result i need.

Ist Approach: I made was just extrude the 2d sketch few mm and than do fillet on outer edges which gave me a smooth surface like an arc not the pointy one. As you can see in the image the center edge which has the max height is like a edge which is sharp and have a very small fillet on it.

Guys please help me with this modeling:confused:. I believe there has to be many ways to model this object. I attached my modeling attempt in the zipped file.

Attachments

• Part1.zip
    444.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Triangular Shape Large.jpg
    Triangular Shape Large.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 3

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back