Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

modular assembly

valbe

Hello, I need to simulate the motion of a modular assembly. Usually I design my parts in mechanical design and put them all together in a product which runs in DMU Kinematics, but with so many parts Catia has difficulties visualizing the motion.

I also tried to create one product for a simple module; then I created another main product where each module is inserted as a flexible sub assembly. After connecting the sub assemblies to each other, the main product has 0 DOFs, while it should have one.

What should I be supposed to do?!
Thank you!!

... I need to simulate the motion of a modular assembly. Usually I design my parts in mechanical design and put them all together in a product which runs in DMU Kinematics, but with so many parts Catia has difficulties visualizing the motion. ....

1. Try switching to Visualization mode

2. Delete (or Unactivate) the parts that are not needed for the kinematics

3. Simplify the parts by removing internal features, fillets, draft, etc.

.... After connecting the sub assemblies to each other, the main product has 0 DOFs, while it should have one. What should I be supposed to do?! ....

Check the joints. One (or more) is locking up the mechanism.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back