Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Motion, gear wont stop rotating (video)

Johan Moberg

Hi!

I have a problem with a motion study. One of the gears wont stop rotating after it lost contact with the contact gear. When i use rotation with physical dynamics it works as it should but when I use motion simulation it just keeps rotating.
I've uploaded a short video where you can see the problem better. My only guess is that it's caused by SW simulating rotational inertia?
Any help is much appreciated!

Link:

Thanks!

What I understand is that when you use physical dynamics, it disregards your gear mate...hence, your small gear doesn't rotate when it's not in contact with the other teeth. When you use motion simulation, your gear mate is being used. When you rotate the larger gear, your gear mate is rotating the small gear because of the gear ratio.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back