Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Mouse Cursor Disappearing in R24

dlblizard

I have just upgraded all of my programmers to Catia PLM V5-6R2014 SP4 and one of them is having an intermittent issue. He will be working with models and his mouse cursor will suddenly disappear.

He said it seems like it is mainly when he opens menus. When moving the mouse around the menus, things light up as they get highlighted, so it is still there, just invisible. He can click the Alt key to get it to show back up, but it will eventually disappear again.

Also, the cursor is visible when moved off of Catia and over the desktop or other applications, but is still invisible when brought back to Catia. This only happens in R24 and not in R23.

I have verified that all the drivers are up to date on his machine. I also tried multiple versions of drivers for his video card. He is using Windows 7 Enterprise x64 on a Dell Precision T3600 with a Quadro K2000.

I have just upgraded all of my programmers to Catia PLM V5-6R2014 SP4 and one of them is having an intermittent issue. He will be working with models and his mouse cursor will suddenly disappear.

He said it seems like it is mainly when he opens menus. When moving the mouse around the menus, things light up as they get highlighted, so it is still there, just invisible. He can click the Alt key to get it to show back up, but it will eventually disappear again.

Also, the cursor is visible when moved off of Catia and over the desktop or other applications, but is still invisible when brought back to Catia. This only happens in R24 and not in R23.

I have verified that all the drivers are up to date on his machine. I also tried multiple versions of drivers for his video card. He is using Windows 7 Enterprise x64 on a Dell Precision T3600 with a Quadro K2000.

Was there a resolution to this issue? Having the same issue!

I advise that you should refresh the drivers for the touchpad by going into the device manager. Please follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Open the charms bar by moving the mouse to right top corner of the screen and in the search box, type ‘Device Manager’, and then, in the list of results, click ‘Device Manager’.
2. When the device manager pops up, in the list please check for ‘Mice and other pointing device’.
3. Please click on the arrow mark beside ‘Mice and other pointing device’.
4. Right click on the touch pad device(Cypress) and select Uninstall.
5. Restart the computer and check for issue resolution.
6. When you get notification for existing issue then if it is easy to fix and understand to you then fix it at your own risk but if it get difficult to understand you then take support from Dell Precision T3600 Manual and resolve it. If needed then as Dell Care for help.

Delete CATSettings and try again. Are you using several CATIA releases on same computer? Did you create separate environments for them?

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back