Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Moving part inside assembly

Hi

I try to do an assembly with the possibility to move parts inside base on mechanical constraint. My situation is simple. I have design a hinge. This hinge is an assembly of 3 parts ( 2 sides and center pin ). I have define a mechanical constraint to assembly the hinge and it is working the hinge is moving. In the second assembly (more global assembly) I use my hinge to make the link between 2 other parts. In this case I have defined simple constraint between the hinge and the 2 other parts. In this case the constraints are the concentric for bolting holes on the hinge and the 2 other parts. I was expected after defining these constraints that it will be possible to move the two parts attach to the hinge. For now there is no movement. Is I have defined correctly the constraints? is it special command to move this kind of assembly?

Thank you

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back