Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Register Log in

Name of this part in Solidworks


New member
What is the name of this part in solidworks? Is it Sheet metal or something else?How do I design this part in solidworks under sheet metal or??

IMG_20180419_122616 - Copy.jpg


Super Moderator
The part in the attached image does look like it is a sheetmetal part. It looks like it's made from thin metal with a uniform thickness and all the bends are straight folds. So, you can model this part in SolidWorks using the sheetmetal app. The advantage is that you will be able to unfold the part to obtain the flat pattern shape. Or, you can model this as a simple solid as an Extruded Boss based on a sketch of the top profile. This way is much easier, but no flat pattern.