Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Orientation issue

reeshi

hi,
I got a problem with orientation of model. I already made the design in one orientation. But the thing is , that was worng orientation. So can I re-orient the model. I tried rotating the whole model, but when i create drawing, my dimensions are in wrong direction. See this attachment for detail.
please help me.
View attachment My model is like this right now.doc

Have you tried to mate it to one of the planes (top, front, right)(parallel, perpendicual, or degree) whatever fits your wishes?

I know, if I do it from start over I can get what I need. But I already made it. I don't wanna do it again from start. So is there any way that I can change Coordinate system to get desired view as front view?

You don't have start over. You just have mate one of the surfaceses to one of the planes. Which ever fits your need.

You may have a relation you have to break for it to work. But it should not be a problem

hi,
i got a problem with orientation of model. I already made the design in one orientation. But the thing is , that was worng orientation. So can i re-orient the model. I tried rotating the whole model, but when i create drawing, my dimensions are in wrong direction. See this attachment for detail.
Please help me.
View attachment 370

do you have 2008 or 2009
if 2009 send part to

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back