Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

P1 and P2 configuration

aero

Anybody can help me about P1 and P2 configurations?

Are configurations or simply licenses. I´m a little confused.

Thanks in advance

aero

As far as I know, the configurations determine what modules you are allowed to purchase. A P1 configuration is the lowest level and gives you somewhat limited upgrade possibilities, P2 is the standard that should suit most companies, and P3 is the high-end that allows you get purchase aero sheet metal and stuff like that.

Now. Do I find this retarded? Yeah, kind of, haha - but whatcha gonna do about? :)

You don't just have to pay for stuff that you kinda shoulda had all along, you can't even pay for some modules unless you have a "costlier" base package.

Bender_DS_Salesperson.jpg

:p :p :p

P1, P2, and P3 are like the gears on your car.

P1 lets you do the basic things; P2 lets you do more advanced things with more automation; and P3 is the advanced functions. Of course, the price varies accordingly.

Most companies use the P2 level of CATIA.

here's a good description I found on the Eng-Tips forum:

CATIA products - P1, P2, P3

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back