Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Parameters?

Hi all. Trying to switch from Catia to Solidworks. A great feature of Catia was creating parameters. This was usually just a dimension. So for example a clearance value, say 5mm. I would create a parameter saying clearance equals 5mm. I then was able to link dimensions to that parameter. So I would have multiple sketches driven by this parameter. if I changed the parameter to 3mm it would update all the drawings and I would have to update them one by one. Is there anything similar to this in Solidworks?

yep, you can do global variables and equations. there are a few ways of doing it, but my preference is to just do it straight in the dimension dialogue box.

I am nothing to do with this video, just found it on youtube, but on a quick skip through it seems quite good, even if it is for an older version of SW, I'm sure it's still all valid.

Hope this helps

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back