Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Paste Special - As Result

PhilCote

I want to transfer bodies from a part to another one (in an assembly) and it won't work. Here is what I do:

1- Open the assembly
2- Activate the part in which I want to bodies to be pasted by double-clicking on its name in the tree (just above its XY plane). Name becomes blue.
3- Right click in the tree on the body to be transfered and COPY. This body is in another part and contains a closed surface.
4- Right click in the tree on the active part (step #2) and PASTE SPECIAL...
5- Select "As Result" and OK
.... nothing happens.

No new body is created and no error message or warning is shown. I used to do that before but is has stopped working I don't know why.

The steps look good Phil. I just repeated them and it worked OK.

Is everything updated before you start to copy the body? Also, verify you are in the Part Design workbench before you do the Paste Special.

Try resetting your options (CATSettings) - something might have to set to suddenly prevent you from pasting.

Which release are you running?

something else to check:

What do the icons look like in front of the Part Instances in the assembly? Normally, the icon has two gears, a red axis and a sheet of paper. Do your parts have blue and yellow gears?

If the part has Import links but is out of Context, Paste Special normally doesn't work (but I'm not sure about Paste as Result)

Last edited:

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back