Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Problem with creating new face on existing body

orphefs

Hi everyone,

I have the following problem: I am trying to cut a body (made from an extruded sketch), so that the cut creates faces (of which the normal will be perpendicular to the direction of the cut, of course). I have tried for several days, but I am miserably stuck on that one. If anyone knows how to tackle this, I would be very very grateful!

The red line on the screenshot illustrates what I want to do; the reason is that I want to have two extra faces at that location (belonging to the same body of course). I need this due to a requirement of a FEM software for electromagnetics that needs to assign faces to indicate the direction of current flow...

Kind Regards,
Orpheus

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

it you extrude skjetch and include the cut area or simple create a rectangle on the face (new sketch) and do the cut extrude.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back