Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

product origin

Wallybanger

One thing in Catia that has always messed with me is the fact that products don't have coordinate systems and origins. In proe all products have a center.

I'm working with a model right now and have encountered something that is bugging the hell out of me. I have a product and inside that product I have assembled a skeleton and a bunch of other parts/products. When I right click on the compass and select "snap automatically to selected product" it will correctly snap to the origin of most of my stuff but when I click on the skeleton it picks some random point way the hell out in the middle of nowhere. When I open the skeleton and click on the part inside, the compass snaps to the origin. What the hell is going on? Why is it doing this and how do I fix it?

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back