Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Recommended books for practicing SolidWorks?

WileEDingo

I just completed the CSWA exam and would like to start working toward CSWP. There are many books out there for learning SolidWorks, unfortunately most do not contain many problems/exercises to practice with. It's fine to read the material or to follow a tutorial, but I find that ultimately I get the most value out of doing many exercises. Most of the online examples that I found are adequate for an introduction to the software and for practicing the basics (i.e. sketching, basic part modelling), but beyond that it seems pretty limited. I want to get more experience using equations, configurations and advanced part/assembly modelling.

One book I am currently considering buying is Technical Drawing by Griesecke, Mitchell, Hill, et. al. Various editions are available. My concern is that it might be too general and not specific enough to SolidWorks. Is anyone familiar with this book?

Can anyone recommend a good book which can meet my needs?

Thanks in advance!

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back