Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Required Software which open catia models(upto 500mb) in less time and run smoothly

KotaNagababu

Hi ,Iam looking software which supports catia models in any format.At the same time software which takes minimal time for opening of heavy models(upto 500mb) and running smoothly on systems which are having ram 12gb to 32gb. Please help me in this regard.

Thank you:).

This is a good question to ask your local CATIA reseller.

If you just want to view CATIA parts and assemblies, the DMU Navigator or 3DVIA might be good solutions.

But if you need to view and edit, you need the CATIA software. You can run CATIA in a "visualization mode" to speedup loading large assemblies.

thanks for your advice but iam already using 3dvia/catia composer.It is having some limitations for example it is not converting all catia parts to .smg format. at the same time i also used catia products in visualization mode which is also taking more time.

But iam having only one doubt.how DMU navigator helps to load catia model faster.

The DMU Navigator works similar to Visualization mode in CATIA, in that both work with the lighter, CGR format of the assembly models. If Visualization mode is slow, I don't think the DMU Navigator will be any faster.

Again, I suggest you talk to your CATIA reseller to get their help with fine-tuning your system.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back