Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

RFI Belt feature on eccentric pulleys

Rudnie

Hi Guys

I'm designing a pulley mechanism to change the speed of an oscillating piston. i.e. moving one way faster than the other. I have run into some issues in solidworks as it does not allow the use of the belt feature on such an eccentric pulley. Does anyone know of a separate belt solution or workaround for such a design? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Rudi

Depending on what you are wanting out of it, could you not draw it manually? If I am remembering correctly the belt feature just gives you a sketch that you can just sweep/extrude or whatever. I know it does some nice things like moving components after you set the belt length and maybe I am oversimplifying it, but I don't think it's anything you couldn't do yourself?

Thanks for the response.
I have drawn the belt path manually however as soon as you rotate some of the components the sketch relations go all over the show.
I am working with offset shafts on round pulleys and that seems to have done the trick.
Will set some goals to see if I achieve the speed reduction I am after.
Thanks

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back