Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

rotating part

Hello,

When i view parts in catia, sometimes, it is very difficult to rotate and view back of part. It follows a huge orbit. (on left)

I want to view back of part easily. Like turning according to an axis existing its middle..

Attachments

• catiaproblem.jpg
    catiaproblem.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 5
Hover mouse over center of your part and click middle mouse button. This will reset the rotation point.

Hover mouse over center of your part and click middle mouse button. This will reset the rotation point.

When you do use the mouse to rotate, make sure you start with the cursor inside the sphere to rotate in 3D. (If you start outside the sphere, the rotation is 2D only)

I want to view back of part easily. Like turning according to an axis existing its middle..

A easy and quick way to view a part or assembly is to use the Compass in the top-right corner of the screen. Click on one of the X, Y, or Z labels to rotate the view to make it perpendicular to that axis. If you click on the same label a second time, it will invert the view.

For some reason, this Compass method is easier for me than use the Standard Views in the bottom menu.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back